Top up your skills and knowledge with a course that will help you support the Board and the Chairperson to maintain a system of Effective Governance.
The role of the Board Secretary is often underestimated in today's Boards, and this can result in a dysfunctional group dynamics. Thus, Board Secretaries are now required to develop their knowledge and skill sets, to deliver more effectively and occupy administrative roles with significant added-value to the Chairperson, the Board and the organization as a whole.
This course covers all aspects of the Board Secretary including administrative, legal and governance obligations, and how this role can promote effective Boards.
Who Should Attend
Current and Aspiring Board Secretaries.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Showcase the critical role of the Board Secretary in guiding Board activities
- Present the responsibilities the Board Secretary has in supporting the Chairperson
- Define the fiduciary duties and responsibilities of the Board Secretary
- Recognize the critical role of the Board Secretary in regulating governance within the organization
- Identify how the Board Secretary drives an effective Board agenda and develops effective reports